About Me

My photo
Marysville , Michigan, United States
My name is Morgan and I'm 19 years old and go to Michigan State. I am looking forward to what God has in store for my life, but I don't know exactly what those plans are yet, but I can't wait to find out. This blog is where I will be real about how God is working and moving in my life. I don't have everything together and I don't have things all figured out, but I do know that God will use my brokeness and turn it into something completley beautiful. I pray that I will continually be immeresed in God's word, falling more and more in love with Him each day, glorifying Him in all that I do. If anyone reads this, I hope it can help encourage you in your walk with Christ as well. :)

Monday, November 12, 2012

Content in all Circumstances

I've always dreamed of my life going a certain way, looking a certain way, following the typical american lifestyle: going to college, getting married, having a family, making a lot of money, the white picket fence. You all know what I am talking about. Yet the more and more I dive into Christ and the plans He has for me, the more and more I am seeing that might not be what He has planned for me. 

I've always thought God's plans would coincide with my plans. That somehow the desires of heart (my oh so selfish desires) would be God's. (how silly does that sound?!) I want my plans to be His, yet I have been unwilling to surrender to Him. I am desperately clinging to the worldly goals I have that  I know will never satisfy.Yet whenever I read Jeremiah 29:11-13 , I  tend to leave out the last two verses because it requires me to come and give myself to Christ, seeking after Him with all my heart, not being afraid of what it is that He has set aside for meJeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew youbefore you were born I set you apart;I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah probably never asked or planned to be a prophet and be placed in all of the hard and difficult situations that he had to endure. Yet he remained faithful to the living God, the provider of living water, where none will ever grow thirsty. He held steadfast, following God's call on his life, even though it wasn't the plan he himself had for himself. 

I must accept what it is that God has set me apart for and be faithful. God measures successes much differently then I.  He measures success by our faithfulness to Him. Not by what job I have, or the possessions I have, or how smart and pretty I am but by my faithfulness to Him. That is how God measures our success. I must surrender the desires of my heart to Christ and allow Him to change those desires to the desires of His heart. I can make as many plans as I want, but God's plan is so much better than mine will ever be. I must learn to be content in all situations and all circumstances, whether they are going the way I want or not. (Proverbs 16:9) He remains faithful, so I as well must remain faithful to my Father, the creator of the universe, the director of my steps. 


Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment